PARTNER WITH CMU TO TRANSFORM PUBLIC EDUCATION
With a focus on continuing to close the academic achievement gap in urban, suburban and rural areas throughout the state, CMU is looking to partner with innovative organizations from across the country.
The Center is interested in charter applicants that articulate a promising vision, propose a sound business plan, outline a strong educational program and demonstrate the ability to implement a high-quality school. Successful applicants will be expected to open their doors on the first day of school as if they have been in operation for three years.
Why You Should Partner With CMU
- Over 20 years of experience launching, supporting and overseeing quality charter public schools serving largely at-risk student populations;
- The use of computer-adaptive testing to measure both proficiency and student growth to support academic success;
- Annual performance reports that provide clear, concise and consistent academic, fiscal and operational assessments to improve school performance;
- State and national leadership in developing innovative processes to streamline reporting and compliance operations which allows schools to focus on student performance – not paperwork;
- Assertive representation to develop policies that will positively impact schools and monitor the legislative and regulatory environment;
- Training and support for board members and other stakeholders on academic, governance, finance and operational issues faced by charter public schools.
Applications Accepted Year-Round
The Center utilizes a continuous, year-round application and acceptance system. Groups interested in opening new charter public schools can download the application and submit it anytime throughout the school year.
For additional questions, contact the Center at (989) 774-2100.