The Michigan Association of Public School Academies recently announced the finalists for the 2017 Michigan Charter School Teacher and Administrator of the Year awards. The Center would like to congratulate the CMU-authorized charter public schools’ staff members that were given this statewide recognition.
There were five teachers and five administrators named as finalists. The finalists from a CMU-authorized charter public school are:
Michigan Charter School Teacher of the Year Finalists
- Gordon Hyska, First and Second Grade Teacher at Charyl Stockwell Academy
- Jennifer Melero, Kindergarten Teacher at Holly Academy
Michigan Charter School Administrator of the Year Finalists
- Kerri Barrett, West Michigan Academy of Environmental Science
- Lyn Sperry, Countryside Academy
- Hosep Torossian, A.G.B.U. Alex and Marie Manoogian School
The winners will be announced in May. The Center would also like to congratulate the teachers and administrators that were named as semi-finalists this year. The CMU-authorized schools that were represented in the group of semi-finalists included Summit Academy North, Renaissance Public School Academy, Kensington Woods Schools and West Michigan Academy of Environmental Science.