Charter Educator Tuition Program
Educators who are working in a CMU-authorized charter public school can receive 50 percent off the tuition cost of eligible graduate degree programs in education from CMU’s College of Education and Human Services.
On March 19, 2024 at 4 p.m., learn more about the Charter Educator Tuition Program and hear directly with CMU faculty about the degrees available.
Approved CMU Graduate Degree Programs
The award applies to online Master of Arts degrees in the following approved College of Education and Human Services graduate programs:
- MA Education: Curriculum and Instruction
- MA Educational Leadership
- Charter School Leadership Concentration
- Supervision Concentration
- MA Learning, Design and Technology
- MA Reading and Literacy K-12
- MA Special Education: Master Teacher
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Endorsement
- Specific Learning Disabilities Endorsement
- Cognitive Impairment Endorsement
- Specialist in Educational Administration
- Administrative Leadership K-12 Concentration
- Instructional Leadership K-12 Concentration
Award Program Details
- Applicants must be working directly in a CMU-authorized charter public school.
- To be eligible for the award individuals must be granted regular admission into one of the approved degree programs or endorsements. Please note that some programs may not be offered each year and some may be cohort programs.
- Awards are available once they are granted.
- To continue receiving the award, students must:
- Begin the program within two semesters of admission.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Complete the degree program within three years of beginning the degree program.
- Remain working directly with a CMU-authorized public school.
Applying for the Award
- You must be admitted into the CMU degree program prior to applying for the Charter Educator Tuition Program. Admission into a degree program is determined by that department’s admission policy. The Charter Educator Tuition Program does not influence admission into the degree program.
- To apply for the Charter Educator Tuition Program, please complete the online application.
- An Employment Verification Form will be sent to your employer after you are accepted into the program, and each year you continue in the program.
For questions or more information about the Charter Educator Tuition Program please contact Tim Odykirk at 989-774-2100 or TOdykirk@TheCenterForCharters.org. For questions or more information about the graduate degree programs please contact CMU Online at 800-950-1144 or email@example.com.