Prepare, Plan, Assess
Preparation, planning and assessment administration are critical steps is the process of using assessment data to improve teaching and learning. The resources on this page provide assistance with the requirements and best practices of assessment administration.
1. What are the MAP Professional Learning Opportunities in the 2020-21 school year?
2. When are the 2020-21 designated assessment windows?
3. What are the assessment administration requirements and best practices?
4. Which grade levels and subject areas must be assessed according to the charter contract?
5. Is administration of the winter assessment required?
6. What accommodations can be utilized during the administration of MAP?
7. How does the Center calculate student participation rates during the fall and spring designated assessment windows?
8. What technical support is available before, during and after assessment administration?
9. How can one ensure leading zeroes on students’ Unique Identification Codes (UIC) are not dropped when creating rosters and opening data files?
10. What are the spring achievement measures?
What does one need to do before submitting the Assessment Coordinator Verification Form (A2 and A3) to ensure requirements are met?
To ensure achievement and growth reports on the annual Academic Performance Report accurately represent the academy’s performance, student data elements must be accurate and complete on the MARC website. For additional support in this process, please view the Filling Out Form A2 and A3 video.
Prior to submitting form A2 and A3, ensure accurate completion of all students’:
- First and last names
- 10-digit Unique Identification Codes (UIC)
- Grade levels
- School of Record
If any of the required student demographic information is missing or incomplete, the Center will reject the form. Notification of the rejection and identification of the misinformation will be sent to the academy via email. Upon receipt of the email, the academy must correct the missing or incomplete student demographic information on the MARC site and resubmit the form. The form will only be accepted once all required information is correct.
Note: Submitting the form prior to the deadline will ensure the Center’s compliance coordinator has opportunity to check the form and follow up with the academy if necessary. Timely completion of the A2 and A3 forms ensure the academy meets the compliance requirements of the charter contract.