In our kick off episode we hear from Corey Northrop, the Center’s executive director who shares his insights on CMU’s role in supporting charter schools and what listeners can expect from the new podcast. We also welcome our first guest, Dr. Jim Goenner, who is a true pioneer of the charter school movement. He shares his perspective on some of the historic milestones during the first 25 years of charter schools in Michigan and walks us through what it was like to be a part of the transformation of public education here in our state. Dr. Goenner is the current president and CEO of the National Charter Schools Institute.
- Episode 23: Celebrating Innovation – A Discussion with Countryside Academy
- Episode 22: Literacy – A Discussion with Dr. Meghan Block
- Episode 21: Strategic Communications and Engagement – A Discussion with Matt Resch
- Episode 20: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – A Discussion with Dr. Shawna Patterson-Stephens
- Episode 19: School Board Recognition Month – A Discussion with Steve Grigorian and Leigh Chandler
Subscribe to Podcast