On this episode we hear from Jess Stone, a teacher at River Heights Academy that serves as an advocate for LGBTQ+ students and staff. They share why it is important to have inclusive and safe classrooms, including specific examples that teachers can implement to provide a supportive environment for their students. Jess also shares insights on what should be considered to ensure staff members are supported through an inclusive environment. Beyond serving as a teacher, Jess is also a member of the Distinctive Schools Michigan Regional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Curriculum Committee and shares about the work that this group of educators is doing in this crucial space.
- Episode 22: Literacy – A Discussion with Dr. Meghan Block
- Episode 21: Strategic Communications and Engagement – A Discussion with Matt Resch
- Episode 20: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – A Discussion with Dr. Shawna Patterson-Stephens
- Episode 19: School Board Recognition Month – A Discussion with Steve Grigorian and Leigh Chandler
- Episode 18: Assessing the Pandemic’s Impact on Student Growth – A Discussion with the Center’s Research and Data Analytics Team
Subscribe to Podcast