On this episode we hear from Jess Stone, a teacher at River Heights Academy that serves as an advocate for LGBTQ+ students and staff. They share why it is important to have inclusive and safe classrooms, including specific examples that teachers can implement to provide a supportive environment for their students. Jess also shares insights on what should be considered to ensure staff members are supported through an inclusive environment. Beyond serving as a teacher, Jess is also a member of the Distinctive Schools Michigan Regional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Curriculum Committee and shares about the work that this group of educators is doing in this crucial space.
- Episode 29: Exploring Literacy – A Discussion with Dr. Chad Waldron
- Episode 28: Preparing the Teachers of Tomorrow – A Discussion with Dean Paula Lancaster
- Episode 27: Cultural Competency – A Discussion with Dr. Luay Shalabi
- Episode 26: Positive Youth Development – A Discussion with Sarah Weisbarth
- Episode 25: The Importance of STEM Education – A Discussion with Megan Schrauben
Subscribe to Podcast